Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
- Mr. Doyon has over 30 years experience in the power industry, including conventional and renewable generation.
- Mr. Doyon’s experience includes senior executive positions in development, M&A, and asset management at Cogentrix Energy, DTE Energy Services, Comverge, AES, and most recently, Terra-Gen Power.
- Mr. Doyon was a founding member of Terra-Gen’s executive management team, leading its development efforts as Chief Development Officer, including development, construction and operation of the largest wind farm in the U.S. (1,546 MW Alta Wind Energy Center).
- His experience includes asset management, M&A, valuation, risk assessment and management, contract negotiations, origination, greenfield development, financing, equity and debt fund raising, due diligence, and strategy.
- He holds an engineering degree from the University of Florida, and an MBA from Duke University (Fuqua Scholar).
Engineering / Operations
SVP of Engineering, Construction and Operations
- Mr. Caramante has over 36 years experience in all aspects of power generation including 16 in wind and solar projects.
- Mr. Caramante’s career started in oil and gas fired boiler, steam turbine and gas turbine projects and includes projects in 6 countries ranging in size from 5 MW to 1600 MW.
- His experience includes senior positions at Garrad Hassan America, First Wind, and Recurrent Energy in Engineering Construction and Operations.
- Mr. Caramante received a BE in Mechanical Engineering and an MS in Management from Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken, NJ.
Director of Engineering
- Mr. Weiss has almost 20 years of engineering experience in the energy sector. He has worked for Garrad Hassan America, NERAK Inc., and Eurus Energy America during the last 14 years.
- His renewable energy work includes operational energy assessments for individual projects and multi-site portfolios, IEC compliant power curve testing for over 140 wind turbines, and supporting operations, commercial, and accounting teams as senior performance engineer for a 700 MW wind/solar portfolio.
- Previously, Mr. Weiss undertook energy auditing for commercial, educational, industrial, and government facilities, modeling energy and cost savings from retrofits of HVAC, lighting, and industrial systems.
- Mr. Weiss is a licensed Mechanical Engineer in California, and he holds a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Northern Arizona University and an M.S. in Mechanical Engineering from University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
VP of Asset Management
- Mr. Kerr has over 26 years of experience in the wind industry, including development, financing, and asset management.
- As VP–Development at Terra-Gen Power, Mr. Kerr was responsible for commercial negotiations and management in the U.S., including PPAs, major equipment procurement, resource evaluation, interconnection, real estate, permitting, financing and risk analysis.
- Mr. Kerr had direct commercial responsibility for the Alta Wind Energy Center, the largest wind farm in the U.S., including managing and negotiating with commercial counterparties, over 6 years and 11 phases.
- Mr. Kerr’s experience also includes supporting numerous financings and sale processes during his tenure at Terra-Gen.
- Prior to Terra-Gen, Mr. Kerr was Senior Director of Development at Edison Mission Energy, and Vice President – Finance for Zond Systems/Enron Wind, which encompassed corporate and project finance and providing commercial leadership for turbine manufacturing and sales in Europe.
- Mr. Kerr holds a BA in Economics from Michigan State University, and an MBA from the University of California, Los Angeles.
Senior Director of Asset Management
- Mr. Garcia has 12 years of experience in the power and renewable energy sectors.
- Mr. Garcia most recently worked for Masdar/Mubadala, an Abu Dhabi-based sovereign wealth fund investing in renewables globally, for seven years. At Masdar, he was a Senior Investment Manager actively managing (Board of Directors representation) three investments (630 MW London Array and 402 MW Dudgeon offshore wind projects in the UK, and 120 MW Torresol Energy solar CSP portfolio in Spain). He was also focused on originating investments in the wind and solar sectors in the US and Europe.
- Prior to Masdar, Mr. Garcia worked as an Investment Banking Associate at Lehman Brothers in New York and as a Consultant at the World Bank’s Energy Department in Washington.
- He holds a Masters in Public Policy (with an Energy focus) from Harvard’s Kennedy School, advanced finance courses from MIT Sloan, and an engineering degree from Universidad de Valladolid in Spain.
Director of Asset Management
- Mr. Fitts has 28 years of experience in the renewable energy industry, including operations, engineering, and asset management of hydroelectric, wind and solid fuel projects.
- Mr. Fitts served 8 years as a State Representative in the Maine State Legislature and served on the Joint Standing Committee on Energy Utilities and Technology, and was the Chair of that Committee in his final term. During his time in the Legislature, he also served on the Wind Power Task Force, which crafted the landmark policies and drafted the legislation which passed as the Maine Wind Act, setting the stage for the development of wind power projects in appropriate areas in Maine.
- Prior to joining Novatus, Mr. Fitts was a Plant Manager in two hydroelectric projects in Maine and New Hampshire, served as an engineering consultant to a tire incineration plant in Connecticut, served as President of the Independent Energy Producers of Maine (now Maine Renewable Energy Association) and was the Director of Regulatory and Legislative Affairs at Summit Natural Gas of Maine.
- He holds a Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering from Maine Maritime Academy and attended the Harvard Kennedy School as a Senior Fellow in their State and Local Government Program.
Commercial Management and Strategy
VP of Commercial Management and Strategy
- Ms. Bellezza has over 12 years of experience in the power industry specializing in structured power products.
- Ms. Bellezza joined Novatus from EverPower Wind Holdings, Inc., where she was the Chief Commercial Officer responsible for leading origination efforts and managing the company’s portfolio of merchant and contracted wind generation.
- Prior to EverPower, Ms. Bellezza spent time at Constellation Energy on the power origination team.
- She holds a Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering and a minor in Spanish from the University of Virginia.
Finance / Accounting
VP of Finance and Accounting
- Mr. More has over 20 years of experience in finance and accounting.
- He joined Novatus Energy in March 2016 from GE Capital, where he held various Finance roles in Energy Financial Services and GE Real Estate.
- Before joining GE Capital in 2005 he spent 4 years in Restructuring, first with Ernst & Young Corporate Finance’s restructuring and turnaround practice, and then with Glass and Associates.
- Mr. More started his career in public accounting, most recently serving as an audit manager with Ernst & Young.
- Mr. More is a Certified Public Accountant in the State of New York, and earned his bachelor’s degree from the University of Connecticut.
- Mr. Rudolph has over 28 years of experience in finance and accounting, including 20 years in the energy industry.
- He joined Novatus Energy in October 2018 from Cogentrix Energy, where he was most recently the Chief Financial Officer, responsible for overseeing the finance, accounting, treasury and tax functions.
- Prior to becoming Chief Financial officer, Mr. Rudolph spent 5 years as the Controller for Cogentrix.
- Mr. Rudolph started his career in the energy industry with the independent power subsidiary of TECO Energy in Tampa, Florida, holding various accounting roles.
- Prior to joining TECO Energy, Mr. Rudolph was an Audit Manager for Deloitte & Touche in Tampa, Florida.
- Mr. Rudolph earned his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Accounting from the University of Florida and is a Certified Public Accountant in the State of Florida.
VP of M&A
- Mr. Hancock has 10 years of project finance experience in the U.S. power and renewable energy sectors as well as extensive background in corporate and leveraged finance.
- Mr. Hancock joined Novatus from Bank of America Merrill Lynch where he was a Senior Vice President in their Renewable Energy Finance group responsible for the structuring, execution and underwriting of tax equity and debt investments predominantly in the U.S. wind and solar sectors. He successfully negotiated and executed in excess of $4.0 billion of financings while at the bank.
- Prior to Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Mr. Hancock worked at AIG Investments’ in their leveraged finance group in New York as well as at FirstLight Financial Corporation in their sponsor finance group in Greenwich, CT.
- He holds a Bachelor of Commerce from Rand Afrikaans University in South Africa, and an MBA from the University of Connecticut.
Associate Director of M&A
- Mr. Morris has over 6 years of experience in the US power and renewable energy sector.
- Mr. Morris joined Novatus from GE Energy Financial Services, where he was an AVP in their Power & Renewable Energy group responsible for evaluating, structuring and executing cash and tax equity investments. While at GE, he closed over $400 million of equity investments in the US renewable energy sector and helped manage a $900 million portfolio of wind and solar investments
- Prior to GE EFS, Mr. Morris spent time at Syncarpha Capital and Yingli Green Energy, where he was the head of East Coast Business Development. He began his career as a consultant with PricewaterhouseCoopers’s M&A strategy business group.
- He holds a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Columbia University and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
- Ms. Fernandez joined Novatus in September 2016 from Univision Communications Inc, where she worked as a Sales Coordinator in the Inventory & Planning department.
- Prior to joining Univision, she worked at Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy as a legal assistant in the Global Securities Group, where she focused on Latin American transactional deals.
- Ms. Fernandez holds a Bachelor’s degree in International Relations with a focus in Latin America and a minor in German from Middlebury College. She has also taken numerous courses at universities abroad, such as at Johannes Gutenberg Universität in Mainz, Germany and Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina in Florianopolis, Brazil.
- Prior to joining Novatus, Ms. Thompson was a Summer Intern at Pioneer Green Energy, LLC, a wind and solar energy developer based in Austin, Texas.
- Ms. Thompson holds dual Bachelor’s degrees in Economics and French from the University of Texas at Austin with a Business Foundations Certificate – Global Track from the McCombs School of Business. She was also an exchange student for the 2016-2017 academic year at Université Jean Moulin Lyon 3 in Lyon, France.