Novatus Energy incorporates core ESG principles throughout its investment and asset management/operations processes.
- We are guided by the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investing (UNPRI)
- Our owner is a member of the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB®)
- Our Board are members of the National Association of Corporate Directors
- We conduct an annual assessment through GRESB® to provide benchmarking and guide ESG best practices
– Received 5-Star GRESB® Rating in September 2017 (highest rating – top 20% of 160 infrastructure assets surveyed in June 2017)
– Received 5-Star GRESB® Rating in September 2018 (highest rating – top 20% of 280 infrastructure assets surveyed in June 2018)
– For more information about the GRESB® Assessment and Rating, please refer to https://gresb.com/infrastructure-asset-assessment
Our wind and solar projects deliver clean energy with a focus on reducing our environmental impact. Wind and solar energy is a valued source of electric power because:
- It is a clean fuel source – wind and solar projects produce no solid waste or air emissions
- It is a sustainable source of energy – our primary “fuel”, wind and solar energy, is renewable
Our annual power production of approximately 4,600 GWh provides enough clean renewable energy for more than 425,000 homes, and reduces CO2 emissions by approximately 2,000,000 metric tons annually – the equivalent of eliminating over 420,000 passenger vehicles.
Novatus Energy is focused on continuing to build strong relationships within the communities it works, and upholding its reputation as a trusted partner. One of our top priorities is to support a cleaner environment while fostering economic growth in our local communities. We do this by generating new job opportunities and by encouraging our contactors to hire local subcontractors whenever possible. We also work with our local communities to identify and address their concerns.
In addition, we recognize that landowners who host our projects are key contributors to our success, and we work hard to establish a mutually beneficial and harmonious relationship.
The Board of Directors of Novatus Energy is composed of six seasoned professionals in the energy field with a vast range of experiences. Collectively, they set high standards for the Company, its employees and officers, and aim to foster a culture of performance, transparency, and accountability.
The Board of Directors serves to advise and oversee the management of the Company and to assure that the appropriate business practices and procedures are being followed. The Board of Directors follows the standards, values and procedures set forth in our Code of Ethics.
Novatus recognizes that management of material environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues can have a significant impact on the long-term operational performance of the company in terms of delivering renewable energy to our customers, the well being of our employees, access to capital, and the growth and longevity of the business.
Firms with an environmentally sustainable and socially responsible way of operating significantly de-risk their business model, and therefore, deliver better performance and achieve greater cost efficiencies and profitability. These issues are integral to our business.
In developing our ESG policy, we have given consideration to a range of codes and standards, including the United Nations supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), the requirements of our Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy and Code of Ethics, and the input of our board of directors and shareholder.
The Novatus team will, to the best of our ability:
- Provide information to stakeholders on the environmental benefits of the provision of clean energy, including tracking and reporting our carbon footprint.
- Comply with applicable regulations and appropriate best practice governing our operations.
- Seek to identify potential impacts on the Company and possible mitigants of weather changes resulting from climate change.
- Identify our material stakeholders and seek to understand how the company impacts them and how they impact the company.
- Adhere to the highest standards of ethical conduct to avoid negligent, corrupt business practices or practices involving conflicts of interest.
- Regard implementation of our ESG engagement activities as an integral part of how we do business and recognize that our ESG activities are of an on-going nature and encourage continual improvement in ESG performance at our company.
- Through our policies, processes and procedures, inform Company employees and relevant subcontractors, as appropriate, of the need to identify and manage ESG risks and opportunities.
- Identify and assess material ESG risks and opportunities as part of the evaluation of growth opportunities and manage material ESG risks and opportunities following acquisition including those arising through supply chains, if applicable.
- Utilize our charitable giving program to strengthen bonds with local communities, and encourage our employees to help community organizations and activities.
- Review this policy’s effectiveness and implementation on a regular basis, and report relevant findings, progress and recommendations to our Board.
- Distribute this policy and related ESG information to all employees.
- Ensure appropriate disclosure to, and encourage dialogue on ESG issues with, our shareholder(s) and other stakeholders as appropriate.