Novatus Energy incorporates core ES&G principles throughout its investment, operations, and asset management practices.
- We are guided by the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investing (UNPRI)
- Our owner is a member of the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB®)
- Our Board of Directors are members of the National Association of Corporate Directors
- We conduct an annual assessment through GRESB® to provide benchmarking and guide ESG best practices
– Received 5-Star GRESB® Rating in September 2018 (highest rating – top 20% of 280 infrastructure assets surveyed in June 2018)
– Received 5-Star GRESB® Rating in September 2017 (highest rating – top 20% of 160 infrastructure assets surveyed in June 2017)
For more information about the GRESB® Assessment and Rating, please refer to https://gresb.com/infrastructure-asset-assessment
Novatus Energy wind and solar projects deliver clean energy with a focus on reducing environmental impact. Wind and solar energy is a valued source of electric power because:
- It is a clean fuel source – wind and solar projects produce no solid waste or air emissions.
- It is a sustainable source of energy – our primary “fuel” (wind and solar energy) is renewable.
Novatus Energy annual power production of approximately 4,600 GWh provides enough clean renewable energy for more than 425,000 homes and reduces CO2 emissions by approximately 2,000,000 metric tons annually – the equivalent of eliminating over 420,000 passenger vehicles!
Novatus Energy is focused on continuing to build strong relationships within the communities in which it operates and upholding its reputation as a trusted partner. One of our top priorities is to support a cleaner environment while fostering economic growth in our local communities. We do this by generating new career opportunities, encouraging partner contactors to hire local subcontractors whenever possible, and community outreach.
The Novatus Energy Board of Directors is comprised of seasoned professionals in the energy field with a vast range of experiences. Collectively, they set high standards for Novatus Energy, its associates and officers, and aim to foster a culture of performance, transparency, and accountability.
The Board of Directors serve to advise and oversee the management of Novatus Energy, as well as, to assure appropriate business practices and procedures are being followed. The Board of Directors follows the standards, values and procedures set forth in the Code of Ethics.
Novatus Energy recognizes that effective management of environmental, social and governance (ES&G) issues can have a significant impact on the long-term operational performance of the company in terms of delivering renewable energy to our customers, the well-being of our associates and communities, the safeguarding of the environment, access to capital, and the growth of the business.
Firms adopting an environmentally sustainable and socially responsible way of operating significantly de-risk their business model, and therefore, deliver better performance and achieve greater cost efficiencies and profitability. These issues are integral to our business.
In developing our ES&G policy, we have considered a range of codes and standards, including the United Nations supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), the requirements of our Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy, Code of Ethics, and the input of the Board of Directors and shareholder(s).
To read the Novatus Energy ES&G Policy, please click below.
The Novatus Energy team will, to the best of our ability:
- Provide information to stakeholders on the environmental benefits of the provision of clean energy, including tracking and reporting our carbon footprint.
- Comply with applicable regulations and appropriate best practice governing our operations.
- Seek to identify potential impacts on the Company and possible mitigants of weather changes resulting from climate change.
- Identify our material stakeholders and seek to understand how the company impacts them and how they impact the company.
- Adhere to the highest standards of ethical conduct to avoid negligent, corrupt business practices or practices involving conflicts of interest.
- Regard implementation of our ES&G engagement activities as an integral part of how we do business and recognize that our ES&G activities are of an on-going nature and encourage continual improvement in ES&G performance at our company.
- Through our policies, processes and procedures, inform Company employees and relevant subcontractors, as appropriate, of the need to identify and manage ES&G risks and opportunities.
- Identify and assess material ES&G risks and opportunities as part of the evaluation of growth opportunities and manage material ES&G risks and opportunities following acquisition including those arising through supply chains, if applicable.
- Utilize our Scholarship and Community Donations Programs to strengthen bonds with local communities.
- Encourage our associates to assist in community organizations and activities through Charitable Giving Program.
- Review this policy’s effectiveness and implementation on a regular basis, and report relevant findings, progress and recommendations to our Board.
- Distribute ES&G policy and related information to all associates.
- Ensure appropriate disclosure to, and encourage dialogue on ES&G issues with, our shareholder(s) and other stakeholders as appropriate.
GRESB® and the related logo are trademarks owned by GRESB BV and are used with permission.