Novatus Energy incorporates core ESG principles throughout its investment and asset management/operations processes.
- We are guided by the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investing (UNPRI)
- Our owner is a member of the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB®)
- Our Board are members of the National Association of Corporate Directors
- We conduct an annual assessment through GRESB® to provide benchmarking and guide ESG best practices
– Received 5-Star GRESB® Rating in September 2017 (highest rating – top 20% of 160 assets surveyed in June 2017)
– For more information about the GRESB® Assessment and Rating, please refer to https://gresb.com/gresb-infrastructure-assessment
Our wind and solar projects deliver clean energy with a focus on reducing our environmental impact. Wind and solar energy is a valued source of electric power because:
- It is a clean fuel source – wind and solar projects produce no solid waste or air emissions
- It is a sustainable source of energy – our primary “fuel”, wind and solar energy, is renewable
Our annual power production of approximately 4,600 GWh provides enough clean renewable energy for more than 425,000 homes, and reduces CO2 emissions by approximately 2,000,000 metric tons annually – the equivalent of eliminating over 420,000 passenger vehicles.
Novatus Energy is focused on continuing to build strong relationships within the communities it works, and upholding its reputation as a trusted partner. One of our top priorities is to support a cleaner environment while fostering economic growth in our local communities. We do this by generating new job opportunities and by encouraging our contactors to hire local subcontractors whenever possible. We also work with our local communities to identify and address their concerns.
In addition, we recognize that landowners who host our projects are key contributors to our success, and we work hard to establish a mutually beneficial and harmonious relationship.
The Board of Directors of Novatus Energy is composed of six seasoned professionals in the energy field with a vast range of experiences. Collectively, they set high standards for the Company, its employees and officers, and aim to foster a culture of performance, transparency, and accountability.
The Board of Directors serves to advise and oversee the management of the Company and to assure that the appropriate business practices and procedures are being followed. The Board of Directors follows the standards, values and procedures set forth in our Code of Ethics.